Friday 18 July 2014

Friday poppies

This is something else I'd like to make a regular feature on the blog: Friday poppy posts.  Fridays will be the days when we have informal poppy-making sessions at the library, as of *next* week.

Also as of next week, I'll start reviewing the various poppy patterns I've been trying out.  As you can see by the title photo, I've been trying various patterns of poppies (yesterday I completely gave up on two).  I won't review a pattern here until I've tried it at least twice, but that already gives me two patterns that I can review.  (I've begun to take photos of the finished poppies with their patterns so that I can remember which patterns they belong to.)

So, for this week, links to patterns and the numbers completed so far.

Remembrance Poppy - 3

Adapted from Poppy Flower Headband - 1

Adapted from ANZAC Poppy Choker - 1, possibly my favourite pattern

Poppy Pattern - 3, was my favourite pattern until I tried the above, still love it.

Adapted from Pretty Poppy Earrings - 1

How to crochet a poppy - 1

A random ten-petal flower that I can't remember where the pattern came from - 1

I will say, any pattern where I can do the whole thing at once, in rounds, is preferable to ones where you do two separate pieces and have to sew them together later.



No comments:

Post a Comment